If you’re considering giving your car a makeover with a new coat of paint, you may be wondering what the best automotive matte black paint is. Fortunately, there are plenty of great options to choose from, and we’ve gathered some of the best automotive matte black paint reviews to help you make a decision.
Comparison Of Top Automotive Matte Black Paint
|1||Rust-Oleum 263422 Automotive Matte Finish Spray Paint, 12 oz, Matte Black||4.68||Buy on Amazon|
|2||Rust-Oleum Black BlackRust-Oleum Automotive 251574 11-Ounce Trim and Bumper Spray, Matte, 11 Ounce (Pack of 1), Fl Oz||4.68||Buy on Amazon|
|3||Rust-Oleum 248928 Automotive High Performance Wheel Spray Paint, 11 oz., Matte Black||4.68||Buy on Amazon|
|4||SpeedoKote SMR-207/211 – Hot Rod Black Paint, Black Satin 2K Urethane, SMR-207 4:1 mix Single Stage Gallon kit with activator included. For California, Delaware, or Maryland, order SMR-456.||4.82||Buy on Amazon|
|5||Mission Automotive Black Car Rim Paint for Tesla Wheel Rims – Black Rim Touch Up Paint Blends Well – Easy to Apply Satin Matte Black Touch Up Paint – Resistant Black Wheel Paint – Alloy Wheel Repair||4.9||Buy on Amazon|
|6||SEM 39144 Trim Black Aerosol – 1 Quart||4.15||Buy on Amazon|
What Need to See Before Buying a Automotive Matte Black Paint
When considering the purchase of automotive matte black paint, it is important to consider the quality of the product. There are many products on the market that claim to be the best black paint for cars, but not all of them live up to their claims.
It is important to read reviews of the product to see what others have to say about its quality and performance. In addition, it is important to compare prices between different brands to ensure that you are getting the best value for your money.
List of Best Automotive Matte Black Paint 2022
1. Rust-Oleum 263422 Automotive Matte Finish Spray Paint,
This Rust Stops Rust formula is perfect for creating a no-shine finish on automotive parts. The formula provides a durable finish that resists corrosion and dries to the touch in 20 minutes.
The matte finish is non-reflective and features a comfort-tip spray nozzle with any angle spray technology.
Things We Like:
- – Creates a matte finish that is non-reflective
- – Dries to the touch in 20 minutes
- – Features a comfort-tip spray nozzle with any angle spray technology
2. Rust-Oleum Black BlackRust-Oleum Automotive 251574 11-Ounce Trim
If you’re looking to refresh the look of your metal trim, moldings, rearview mirror covers, bumpers and rub strips, then this product is perfect for you.
The Stops Rust formula contains stops rust ingredients to protect and treat corrosion, which will extend the life of the surface. The product dries to the touch in 20 minutes and covers between 10-15 sq. ft. per can.
The matte finish resists weathering and wear, and the comfort-tip spray nozzle with any angle spray technology makes it easy to apply the product.
Things We Like:
- -Renews and protects weathered or discolored bumpers and moldings
- -Creates a matte finish that resists weathering and wear
- -Features a comfort-tip spray nozzle with any angle spray technology
- -Dries to the touch in 20 minutes
3. Rust-Oleum 248928 Automotive High Performance Wheel Spray
Rust preventative paint is perfect for use on metal wheels, plastic hubcaps, and more. The oil based formula dries quickly and provides superior durability. The paint dries to the touch in 10 minutes and covers up to 8 sq ft.
The dent and scratch resistant finish creates a long lasting finish. The matte black non reflective finish prevents corrosion and rust.
Things We Like:
- – rust preventative paint is suitable for use on metal wheels, plastic hubcaps, and more
- – oil based formula dries fast and provides exceptional durability
- – dries to the touch in 10 minutes and covers up to 8 sq ft
- – dent and scratch resistant wheel paint creates a long-lasting finish
- – provides a matte black, non reflective finish for a sleek look
- – stops rust formula prevents corrosion and rust
4. SpeedoKote SMR-207/211 – Hot Rod Black Paint,
This paint is great for those who want a hot rod black paint job. The paint is easy to apply and dries quickly, so you can get started on your project right away. The paint is also very durable and will last for years to come.
Things We Like:
- -True 2K Urethane Durability
- -Uniform Jet Black Color
- -Excellent Exterior Stability from UV Light
- -Fast Dry
- -Chemical and Rub Resistant Finish
5. Mission Automotive Black Car Rim Paint for
Curb rash is frustrating and can be expensive to repair. Our black rim paint is designed to closely match the existing color for Tesla wheel rims, so you can cover up damage without breaking the bank.
Our matte black wheel touch up paint will adhere firmly to the applied area season after season, wash after wash. Our small 20ml bottle with attached brush makes precise and even application easy.
Things We Like:
- -Small bottle size
- -Matte finish
- -Easy to use brush
- -Does not require mixing
6. SEM 39144 Trim Black Aerosol – 1
This adhesive can stick to both stainless steel and chrome surfaces. It is also highly effective, providing maximum adhesion.
Things We Like:
- -Offers maximum adhesion on stainless steel and chrome.
- -Easy to use and does not require any special tools.
How to Use a Automotive Matte Black Paint
1. If you are painting a car, make sure to sand down the surface and remove any rust before beginning.
2. Apply a base coat of paint, then allow it to dry completely.
3. Once the base coat is dry, begin applying the automotive matte black paint in thin, even coats.
4. Allow the paint to dry completely between each coat, and be sure to sand down any imperfections before applying the next coat.
5. Once you are satisfied with the coverage, apply a clear coat to protect the paint and allow it to dry completely.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which Brand Is Best For Automotive Matte Black Paint?
There is no definitive answer when it comes to choosing the best automotive matte black paint because each brand has different properties that could make it a better choice for your project. Some of the most popular matte black paints include Sherwin Williams, PPG, and Rust-Oleum.
How To Clean A Automotive Matte Black Paint?
This is a difficult question to answer as there are many different types of automotive matte black paint. Some paints are more difficult to clean than others.
Typically, to clean automotive matte black paint you will need to use a paint cleaner and a cloth. In some cases, a special matte black paint cleaner may be necessary. You will also want to use a cloth to avoid damaging the paint.
How Do I Know If My Automotive Matte Black Paint Has A Warranty?
Some automakers offer a warranty on matte black paint if it has a certain level of gloss.
Why Choose This Type Of Automotive Matte Black Paint?
Matte black automotive paint is a popular choice because it is easy to apply and it looks professional. It is also resistant to fading and it can be used on a variety of surfaces.
How Much Should I Spend On A Automotive Matte Black Paint?
A automotive matte black paint job should typically cost between $200 and $400.
When it comes to automotive matte black paint, there are a few things to consider. The color should be dark enough to give your car a sleek and modern look, but not so dark that it is difficult to see the details.
Additionally, the paint should be able to resist fading and staining, and it should also be easy to clean. Finally, the paint should be able to last for a long time without fading or peeling.