Do you have a ton of cables running under your desk? If so, you need to get yourself one of the best under desk cable trays! This will help keep your cables organized and out of the way.
In this blog post, we will discuss five of the best under desk cable trays on the market. We will also provide a buyer’s guide to help you choose the right one for your needs. So, without further ado, let’s get started!
Top Best: Monoprice Steel with Power Supply
Best Overall: StarTechCable Management Tray
Things to Consider When Choosing an Under Desk Cable Tray
When choosing an under desk cable tray, you will want to consider a few things:
- The size of the tray: You will want to make sure that the tray is large enough to accommodate all of your cables.
- The style of the tray: You will want to choose a tray that matches the style of your desk.
- The material of the tray: You will want to choose a tray that is made from durable materials.
- The price: You will want to find a tray that is within your budget.
5 Best Under Desk Cable Trays for your Home or Office
Now that you know what to look for in an under desk cable tray, let’s take a look at five of the best options on the market:
1. Monoprice Under Desk Cable Tray – Steel with Power Supply and Wire Management
The Monoprice Under Desk Cable Tray is the perfect way to organize and manage your cables and wires. Made of powder-coated steel, this tray features a built-in power supply with three outlets and two USB ports, as well as a wire management system to keep your cords tidy and organized.
The tray also includes mounting hardware for easy installation. Keep your workspace clean and organized with the Monoprice Under Desk Cable Tray!
- Powder-coated steel construction
- Built-in power supply with three outlets and two USB ports
- Wire management system for tidy cord organization
- Includes mounting hardware for easy installation
- Dimensions: 27.6″ x 11.8″ x 3.9″ (70cm x 30cm x 10cm)
- Weight: 4.85 lbs (2.2kg)
- Color: Black
2. StarTech.com Under Desk Cable Management Tray
The StarTech.com Under Desk Cable Management Tray is the perfect way to organize your workstation cables, keeping them off the floor and preventing tangles and trip hazards.
This durable steel cable management tray/holder has a modern and professional look with a black powder-coated finish and can support up to 11 lb (5 kg). It is designed for easy installation by screwing it underneath a desk surface using a screwdriver and the included mounting screws.
The tray provides easy access to mounted devices and components while hiding unsightly cables.
- Under desk cable management tray/holder for cords, wires, and power strips
- Black powder-coated finish for a professional look
- Heavy duty steel construction supports up to 11 lb (5 kg)
- Designed for easy installation with included mounting screws
- Provides easy access to mounted devices and components while hiding unsightly cables
- Dimensions: 23.6″ L x 4.5″ D x 3″ H (60 cm x 11.4 cm x 7.6 cm)
- 2-year warranty
3. Monoprice Cable Tray Organizer
The Monoprice Cable Tray Organizer is the perfect way to tidy up your desk and regain valuable space. It’s made of steel for durability, and can hold power strips, power adapters, and various cables.
Plus, it’s designed to mount directly to Monoprice Sit-Stand Desk frames, but can also be screwed under most wood or wood-composite desks. Keep your desk neat and tidy with the Monoprice Cable Tray Organizer!
- Made of steel for durability
- Can hold power strips, power adapters, and various cables
- Designed to mount directly to Monoprice Sit-Stand Desk frames
- Can also be screwed under most wood or wood-composite desks
- Dimensions: 10.2″ x 4.1″ x 2.2″ (25.9cm x 10.4cm x 5.6cm)
4. Under Desk Cable Tray Organizer. Standing Desk Accessory
The Under Desk Cable Tray Organizer is the perfect way to organize and keep your cables together.
Attach the metal cable tray to any part of your desktop with the included mounting screws, and install and adjust your cables easily. With a heavy duty construction, this tray will keep your cables safe and help you maintain a clean and tidy workspace.
- Heavy duty construction
- Attaches to any part of your desktop
- Mounting screws included
- Helps you organize and keep your cables together
Dimensions: 23.6″ x 4.5″ x 3.0″
5. Under Desk Cable Organizer Cord Cover
The SimpleCord Under Desk Cable Organizer Cord Cover is the perfect way to keep power strips, surge protectors, cords and cables off your desk and out of sight. It is easy to install and all hardware is included to mount the cord cover on the back of your desk or underneath.
The cord cover includes two 16-inch raceways and one 8-inch raceway to neatly organize your cords and cables. The cord cover is made of durable PVC material and is UL listed.
- Under desk cord cover with two 16-inch raceways and one 8-inch raceway
- Keeps power strips, surge protectors, cords, and cables off your desk and out of sight
- Easy to install with all hardware included
- Made of durable PVC material
- UL listed
- Dimensions: 16.5″ L x 4.5″ W x 2″ H
- Weight: 0.75 lbs
- Color: White
- Material: PVC
- UL Listed: Yes
- Warranty: 1 Year Limited Manufacturer’s Warranty
What are cable trays and what do they do?
Under desk cable trays are a great way to keep your cables organized and out of the way. They come in a variety of sizes and styles, so you can find one that fits your needs. Cable trays help to protect your cables from being damaged by foot traffic or other objects. They also help to keep your cables from getting tangled.
How to Install an Under Desk Cable Tray
Cable trays are an easy and effective way to organize and route the cables under your desk. They provide a neat and tidy appearance and make it easy to access your cables when you need to. Here’s how to install an under-desk cable tray:
First, measure the width of your desk and choose a cable tray that is slightly wider. This will give you some extra room to work with when routing the cables.
Next, mark the location of the screws that will hold the tray in place. Drill pilot holes for these screws, and then screw the tray into place.
Now, begin routing your cables through the tray. Start with the larger cables, such as power cables, and then add the smaller data and video cables. Use cable ties to secure the cables in place, and to keep them from getting tangled.
Finally, connect all of the cables to their respective devices. Once everything is plugged in, you can sit back and enjoy your tidy desk!
Tips for Using an Under Desk Cable Tray
An under desk cable tray can help to tidy up your workstation and make it easier to access the cords and cables you need. Here are a few tips for using an under desk cable tray:
- First, measure the space beneath your desk to ensure that you choose a tray that will fit.
- Second, consider how many cables you need to route through the tray. Choose a tray that is large enough to accommodate all of your cables.
- Third, decide on the style of the tray. You will want to choose a tray that matches the style of your desk.
- Fourth, consider the material of the tray. You will want to choose a tray that is made from a durable material, such as ABS plastic or aluminum.
- Fifth, be sure to choose a tray with the proper mounting hardware. This will ensure that the tray is securely attached to your desk.
We hope these tips have been helpful. Thanks for reading!
Cable trays are a great way to organize and route the cables under your desk. They provide a neat and tidy appearance and make it easy to access your cables when you need to. Thanks for reading! We hope this blog post has been helpful. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions. We would be happy to help you choose the right tray for your needs. Thanks for reading!