It is no secret that a fresh coat of paint can do wonders for the appearance of your home. If you are looking to give your home a facelift, painting your front door is a great place to start.
But with so many different types and brands of paint on the market, how do you choose the best paint for your needs? This is where exterior door paint reviews come in handy. By reading reviews from other homeowners, you can get a better idea of what type of paint is best for your specific situation.
Comparison Of Top Paint For Exterior Wood Door
|1||Giani Wood Look Paint Kit for Front & Interior Doors (Black Walnut)||4.68||Buy on Amazon|
|2||Rust-Oleum Stops Rust Front 238314 Door Paint, Cranberry, 1-Quart, 32 Fl Oz (Pack of 1), 11||4.68||Buy on Amazon|
|3||Wood Look Paint Kit for Garage Doors (Black Walnut)||4.68||Buy on Amazon|
|4||1 qt Modern Masters 275270 Calm Front Door Paint Water-Based Exterior Enamel||4.68||Buy on Amazon|
|5||THE ONE Paint & Primer: Most Durable Furniture Paint, Cabinet Paint, Front Door Paint, Wall Paint, Bathroom, Kitchen, and More – Quick Drying Craft Paint for Interior / Exterior (White, Gloss Finish, 8.5oz)||4.89||Buy on Amazon|
|6||Majic PAINTS Diamond Hard Interior/Exterior Satin Paint RePurpose Your Furniture, Cabinets, Glass, Metal, Tile, Wood and More, 32 Fl Oz (Pack of 1), Midnight Wave||4.68||Buy on Amazon|
Top Rated Paint For Exterior Wood Door Overview
1. Giani Wood Look Paint Kit for Front
If you’re looking to give your home an instant facelift, adding one of these door paint designs is a great way to do it! Each one is easy to apply and will dry quickly, so you can get back to enjoying your home in no time. Plus, they look great paired with the latest in door hardware.
Things We Like:
- – Adds instant curb appeal to your home
- – For use on exterior or interior doors
- – Ideal for painted steel, aluminum and wood
- – Simple, 3-step application and quick-dry formula
- – Pairs well with Antique Brass, Satin Nickel, and Polished Brass door hardware
2. Rust-Oleum Stops Rust Front 238314 Door Paint,
Looking for a corrosion-resistant coating to protect your exterior/interior metal, wood, and fiberglass doors? Look no further than this oil-based formula. It provides a durable protective coating with excellent rust prevention. The formula dries to the touch in 1-2 hours and covers up to 105 sq ft.
Plus, it has excellent resistance to abrasion, fading and chipping. Finally, the satin finish offers a low-sheen look.
Things We Like:
- -Weather and corrosion resistant coating protects exterior/interior metal, wood, and fiberglass doors
- -Oil-based formula provides a durable protective coating with excellent rust prevention
- -Dries to the touch in 1-2 hours and covers up to 105 sq ft
- -Excellent resistance to abrasion, fading and chipping
- -Satin finish offers a low-sheen look
3. Wood Look Paint Kit for Garage Doors
If you’re looking to add a touch of class to your garage doors, Giani Wood Look Paint is the perfect solution. This two-step application transforms smooth, embossed, flat or raised panel doors into high-end carriage style doors in just three hours, and is safe, low on odor and VOCs.
You can even use it on outdoor doors, making it the perfect choice for any home. And with a kit containing everything you need to get the job done, installation is a breeze.
Things We Like:
- -Can transform plain white or simple solid doors into high-end carriage style doors
- -Simple two-step application
- -Water-Based Acrylic
- -Low on Odor and VOCs
- -Covers up to 180 sq. ft.
- -Each kit contains: Two 16 oz. Giani Black Walnut Wood Tone Base Coat, Two 16 oz. Giani Black Walnut Wood Grain Finish Coat, Giani Paint Mitt, 2″ Brush, 2 Plastic Tarps,
4. 1 qt Modern Masters 275270 Calm Front
Looking for a long lasting paint that will cover up to 100 sq. ft.? Look no further than this water based paint! Dries to the touch in 1 hour, and provides an easy to maintain smooth satin finish.
Things We Like:
- -Water-based formula provides long last durability
- -Dries to the touch in 1 hour and covers up to 100 sq. ft.
- -Never-Fade technology ensures surface will stay as beautiful as the first day it was painted.
- -Suggested minimum storage temperature 40oF (5oC) Maximum storage temperature 90oF (32oC)
- -Provides an easy to maintain smooth satin finish
5. THE ONE Paint & Primer: Most Durable
If you are looking for a paint that is great for coverage and durability, then you should consider using the Great Britain-based paint brand, Painters Supply. This paint is non-toxic and water-based, which makes it perfect for use on both interior and exterior surfaces. Plus, it contains a rich and vibrant pigment that will give your projects that extra edge.
Things We Like:
- -Great coverage saving you time and money
- -Long-lasting durability
- -Little-to-no prep work required for wood (just clean first)
- -Suitable for interior and exterior painting projects
- -Multiple surfaces
- -Rich pigments
- -Advanced formula
- -Non-toxic, Water-Based, Low Odor, ultra low VOC.
6. Majic PAINTS Diamond Hard Interior/Exterior Satin
If you’re looking for a color that will standout and look great in any DIY project, then you need to try Midnight Wave. It’s a beautiful, satin black color that will look great on any surface. Plus, it has superior color retention so it will last longer than most colors.
Plus, it’s easy to apply so you’ll be able to get the results you’re looking for in no time. Finally, it’s perfect for a variety of all-purpose projects, so you can be sure to find the perfect use for it.
Things We Like:
- -easy to apply
- -superior color retention
- -levels to a beautiful smooth satin finish
- -all-purpose use
How to Choose The Right Paint For Exterior Wood Door
When choosing exterior paint for a wood door, consider the following:
- The type of wood the door is made of.
- The door’s location.
- The door’s age.
- The door’s condition.
How to Use a Paint For Exterior Wood Door
1. Choose the right paint for your door. Exterior wood doors can be painted with latex, oil-based, or alkyd paints.
2. Prepare the door for painting. Remove any old paint or varnish with a paint stripper. If the door is bare wood, sand it smooth.
3. Apply a primer to the door. This will help the paint to adhere better and will make the color more uniform.
4. Paint the door with a brush or roller, using even strokes. Start at the top of the door and work your way down.
5. Let the paint dry completely before adding a protective topcoat, such as varnish or polyurethane.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Are The Benefits Of A Paint For Exterior Wood Door?
There are many benefits to painting your exterior wood door. Primarily, a fresh coat of paint will help to protect the door from the elements and make it look newer. Additionally, a well-done paint job will add a touch of class to your home and make it more appealing to potential buyers.
How Do I Know If My Paint For Exterior Wood Door Has A Warranty?
If the paint on your exterior wood door has a warranty, it will be stated on the label. If it does not have a warranty, the paint may still be covered by the manufacturer’s warranty.
What Is The Best Price For A Paint For Exterior Wood Door?
The best price for a paint for exterior wood door is typically around $50-$75 per gallon.
Are Paint For Exterior Wood Door Worth For The Money?
There is no definitive answer to this question as the cost of paint and the quality of paint can vary significantly depending on the brand and type of paint, the size and condition of the door, and the area where the door will be used.
Some factors to consider when making a decision about whether to paint an exterior wood door are the climate where the door will be located and the age and condition of the door.
How Much Should I Spend On A Paint For Exterior Wood Door?
The average price for a paint for exterior wood door is around $50.
When selecting the best paint for exterior wood doors, it is important to consider the type of wood, the climate where the door will be used, and the desired finish. For doors that will be used in a warm climate, paint that is designed for outdoor use is a good choice. For a more durable finish, paint that is designed for wood protection is a better option.